WHAT IS PHYSICAL ACTIVITY?
Physical activity refers to all movement that is done to improve your health. Both moderate- and vigorous-intensity physical activity can improve one's health. Popular ways to be active are for example walking, cycling and doing sports.
KEY FACTS ON HOW PHYSICAL ACTIVITY IMPROVES YOUR HEALTH:
- Prevents and manages many diseases such as cardiovascular diseases, cancer and diabetes
- Reduces symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Enhances thinking, learning and judgement skills
- Improves overall well-being
- Helps you control your weight
IMPROVING YOUR MENTAL HEALTH:
- Physical activity releases chemicals like endorphins and serotonin that improve your overall mood
- Physical activity reduces stress, depression and anxiety and it can also help you recover from mental health issues
- It improves your sleep
10 BENEFITS OF EXERCISE ON THE BRAIN AND BODY
Thanks to Practical Wisdom – Interesting Ideas
So what did you learn about physical activity?
Name the five most important benefits of physical activity in your opinion